Bridges, crowns, and porcelain veneers are excellent treatments for a range of dental problems. Now, being fitted for one of these restorations is more comfortable and convenient than ever before thanks to iTero™ technology. Aesthetic Smiles of New Jersey is pleased to utilize this technology for our patients in Morristown, Morris County, and surrounding areas needing dental bridges, porcelain crowns, and porcelain veneers. Instead of messy tray molds, the iTero™ system provides digital impressions, which allow us to craft restorations with an incredibly comfortable fit. To learn more about this remarkable technology, contact Aesthetic Smiles of New Jersey today.
- Porcelain Crowns and iTero™ Technology
- Dental Bridges and iTero™ Technology
- Porcelain Veneers and iTero™ Technology
Porcelain Crowns and iTero™ Technology
Dental crowns are used to cover and protect a tooth that is cracked, decayed, or damaged, to cover a dental implant, or to cover a tooth after root canal therapy. Crowns can be an attractive cosmetic dentistry option, since they can produce a whiter, shapelier, and more balanced appearance. iTero™ technology allows the dentists at our Morris County office to provide attractive porcelain crowns in a remarkably simple process.
Porcelain Crowns – The Placement Process
Before taking the impression, the dentist numbs the mouth, removes any unhealthy tooth structure, and, if necessary, resculpts the tooth to accommodate the crown. Next, he uses iTero™ technology to take a digital impression of the teeth. Unlike tray impressions, which are messy, inaccurate, and uncomfortable, digital impressions are quick and extremely accurate and are taken with a tiny wand that scans the teeth. The dentist may send this impression to a dental laboratory that will create the restoration, or he may use CEREC® technology to craft the crown while you wait. When the crown is ready, the dentist simply fits it onto the tooth (if the crown has been shipped from a laboratory, he administers a local anesthetic first). He then ensures that it fits with the surrounding teeth and the bite and buffs it to a shine.
If you live in Morristown or elsewhere in Morris County, NJ and want more information on porcelain crowns, dental bridges, and how you may benefit from iTero™ technology, contact Aesthetic Smiles of New Jersey to schedule a complimentary consultation. We welcome patients from throughout North Jersey, including Bernardsville, Bedminster, Somerset County, Bernards Township, and Basking Ridge.
Dental Bridges and iTero™ Technology
When there is a gap in a patient’s smile left by a missing tooth, we may recommend that a dental bridge be placed. A dental bridge anchors an artificial tooth (a pontic) between two natural teeth covered by crowns (abutments). The bridge is bonded to the crowns on either side of the gap to protect the integrity of the bite and maintain a healthy, vibrant smile. Aesthetic Smiles of New Jersey uses iTero™ technology, in a process similar to that used for porcelain crowns, to fit patients for dental bridges.
Dental Bridges – The Placement Process
Typically, two trips to our office in Morristown, NJ are required to place dental bridges. During the first visit, the dentist numbs the mouth, prepares the teeth surrounding the gap for placement of the porcelain crowns, and takes an iTero™ digital impression of the teeth and mouth. He sends this mold to the laboratory, where technicians craft the bridge. Finally, he places a temporary bridge, which the patient wears until the permanent version is ready (usually about a week), at which point the patient returns to our office to have the bridge placed. The dentist begins this visit by administering a local anesthetic. He then removes the temporary bridge, places the permanent one, and makes sure that it has a snug, comfortable fit.
Types of Dental Bridges
Aesthetic Smiles of New Jersey provides the following types of dental bridges, all of which can be crafted using iTero™ digital impressions:
- Fixed bridges – Fixed bridges consist of a filler tooth (pontic) anchored between two natural teeth covered by porcelain crowns. Fixed bridges are among the most popular bridges.
- “Maryland” bridges – Also known as composite bonds, “Maryland” bridges are typically used to replace the front teeth. Metal bands are bonded to the abutment teeth (to hold the pontic in place) and are camouflaged with a white composite resin.
- Cantilever bridge – This type is often used when there are teeth on only one side of the span. A typical three unit cantilever bridge consists of two abutment crowns that are positioned side by side on the same side of the missing tooth space. The pontic is then connected to the two crowns, which extend into the missing tooth space.
- Implant-supported bridges – Dental implants can be used to anchor a dental bridge in place. Implant support is the best option for dental bridges, particularly when there are several consecutive teeth missing.
Porcelain Veneers and iTero™ Technology
Contact Aesthetic Smiles of New Jersey, Serving Morris County from Morristown
If you live in Morristown or Morris County or close by and need porcelain crowns, dental bridges, or porcelain veneers, contact Aesthetic Smiles of New Jersey to schedule a consultation. We provide advanced iTero™ technology to make receiving these restorations more comfortable and convenient than ever before.